WI Workshop: BOOKROOM BOOTCAMP!
September 26 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pmFREE
IS YOUR BOOKROOM OUT-OF-SHAPE? WE CAN HELP!
Join us as for this FREE workshop as Denise Retka leads you through exercises to help strengthen the quality of your resources and breathe new life into your bookroom. Find books that are just the right fit for your students and teachers.
MORNING SESSION I 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM
In this session, attendees will:
- Determine the current condition of your school’s bookroom using an evaluation rubric
- Create a multi-step improvement plan
- Learn how to purge and re-purpose resources
- Receive suggestions for organization and checkout
- Establish bookroom protocols for entire school
- Learn what factors to consider when selecting books for your bookroom
- Discuss funding options
- Receive a “swag bag” of HOT new titles that will instantly bring excitement to the bookroom
- Enter a drawing for a FREE $1,000 bookroom starter kit
>>Lunch on your own<<
AFTERNOON WORKSHOP I 12:30 PM – 3:30 PM
Take the information you receive from your evaluation and work with your team to create a plan for your bookroom. Spend the afternoon previewing resources in the curriculum showroom and select titles to address the needs of your students and teachers.
Check-in will start at 8:00 a.m.
Coffee & pastries will be provided.